What are the 8 Key Janitorial and Maintenance Precautions Medical Facilities Should Take in the Fall Season?
Fall is the time of year when leaves change color, the temperature drops, and Pumpkin Spice reigns supreme. But, did you know it is also one of the best times for medical facilities to enhance their janitorial protocols? There are many reasons for medical facilities to adapt their cleaning and maintenance routines to address seasonal challenges. Fall brings unique issues, including increased pathogens and potential hazards, that can affect patient and staff safety. To make things easier, MasterCorp is inviting you to explore the 8 Key Focus Areas for healthcare facilities to keep track of during the next few months. This will help healthcare facilities prioritize their cleaning team’s scope of work during the autumn season to maintain a clean, safe, and efficient environment.
- HVAC System Maintenance – As we leave the heat of summer behind and prepare for the cold rush of winter, fall can be a key time for healthcare facilities to perform maintenance on their heating and cooling systems. Medical buildings will want to partner with a janitorial services company with competent HVAC maintenance and filter cleaning, to keep your air quality fresh and prevent system breakdowns.
MasterCorp offers fully customizable services including a comprehensive HVAC system maintenance plan, complete with filter replacements, coil and interior cleanings, and inspections for leaks, drips, and degraded parts.
- Roof and Gutter Cleaning – One of everyone’s favorite fall pastimes is watching leaves change color and fall off trees, but the last thing you want is for those leaves to end up in your gutter. They can clog your plumbing systems causing leaks and even become a home for pests and vermin. You’ll need a cleaning services partner that can clear out those hard-to-reach areas to prevent damage or infestation to your property.
MasterCorp’s top-of-the-line equipment and experts can effectively and efficiently remove dirt and debris from your medical facility’s gutters, while also assessing damage. The bonus? Our equipment is waterproof, so we get the job done rain or shine.
- Exterior Grounds Maintenance – Fall leaves and increased moisture in the air can create slippery hazards in medical facilities from patients and visitors tracking mud and debris from outside. Keep the walkways clear by scheduling a regular cleaning crew with the right solutions and equipment to prevent water damage to the facility.
When it comes to maintaining and keeping clean exterior grounds, we do it all! Our outside facility services include everything from parking lot cleaning to trash pickup and disposal, pressure washing, stone polishing, and more.
- Winter Window Preparation – Prepare for the upcoming winter by checking the insulation, ensuring that windows and doors are well-sealed, and free of cracks. Windows are a key insulator in preventing heat loss, and by extension, reducing energy costs while maintaining a comfortable and safe indoor environment.
Not only does MasterCorp clean windows, but we can also restore them using nanotechnology, making sure your facility and its patients and visitors stay well insulated, and your heating bills stay low during those pivotal fall and winter months.
- Slip and Fall Prevention – Fall is a great time for medical facilities to revamp their floor care endeavors. Fall in some areas means increased rains and if facilities aren’t using the right floor finishes, it could be hazardous to visitors and patients.
MasterCorp doesn’t kid around when it comes to floor care and safety. We use environmentally friendly, quick dry solutions to make sure floors are clean and safe for your visitors and patients, without compromising shine.
- Enhanced Janitorial and Safety Training – With windows often closed during the fall, maintaining good indoor air quality is essential. Test for indoor air pollutants, such as mold, allergens, and VOCs, and address any issues to ensure the health and well-being of patients and staff.
When you partner with MasterCorp, you don’t have to worry about training our Associates. As a full-service partner, we recruit, train, and manage our own teams, while providing them with ongoing training in our proprietary cleaning services and federally regulated safety certifications.
- Inventory Assessment and Control – Fall is a time to prepare for the worst and hope for the best when it comes to fighting seasonal germs and diseases like colds, the flu, and covid-19 variants. Make sure you stock up on the proper PPE, cleaning materials, and high-quality disinfectants.
At MasterCorp, we provide our own cleaning supplies and tools, so our clients don’t have to worry about assessing and restocking. Additionally, we provide clients with detailed inventory reports for full transparency, and to assist in future projected budgeting costs.
- Leather and Upholstery Care – More medical settings are using leather furniture and accessories to enhance their waiting room experience. Fall is a great time to look into a regular maintenance schedule to make sure your furniture is as well put together as the rest of your facility.
One of our most requested specialty services is leather care, and we have a dedicated team of expert personnel trained and certified in leather and upholstery cleaning, and repair. We know this is an expensive material to replace, which is why we focus our efforts on restoring and maintaining to protect your investments.
The MasterCorp Advantage
Maintaining a medical facility in the fall requires a proactive approach to janitorial and maintenance tasks. By focusing on these eight key preventative measures and partnering with a dedicated janitorial services company like MasterCorp, you can ensure the safety and well-being of your patients and staff, while also keeping the facility in top condition.