How To Effectively Manage Summer Allergens With Efficient Hotel Housekeeping Strategies
As summer approaches, so does the increase in dust and pollen levels, triggering allergies and respiratory issues for many individuals. This is especially true for hotels and resorts, where an increase in guests, heat, and moisture can be breeding grounds for dust mites and germs. To create a comfortable and healthy environment while also successfully managing guest satisfaction, it’s essential to adopt effective housekeeping strategies that minimize allergens on your property.
That’s why in this article, we’re going to go over what allergens to be aware of, MasterCorp’s very own tips for managing them, and then what you can gain from having MasterCorp as your housekeeping partner!
Allergens: What Are They?
Allergens are substances that cause allergic reactions and, in more serious cases, can trigger respiratory symptoms such as asthma. Allergens mainly collect in the form of dust and pollen and can spread through the air and through fibers in carpeting and upholstery.
Although allergens are small, they can cause big problems for guests. According to the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, 26% of adults live with seasonal allergies. With those statistics in mind, we’re going to provide some tips that can help you manage allergens in your hotel or resort.
Tips for Managing Allergens for Guest Satisfaction
- Regular Cleaning and Dusting: Dust settles quickly, and pollen can easily make its way into hotel rooms and resort units because of the influx of people during the summer rush. Therefore, it’s crucial to establish a regular cleaning routine that includes a comprehensive, prioritized cleaning approach. Remember to focus on frequently overlooked areas and be sure you are using the right equipment.
MasterCorp’s proprietary 7 Steps To Clean is one of the quickest and most effective ways to clean a hotel room or resort unit. This approach focuses on getting rid of dust in places you don’t even think about. From top to bottom, vents to floors, our Associates are trained in a wall-to-wall approach to minimize potentially harmful summer allergens and maximize room air quality and cleanliness. We have special tools for hard-to-reach spots and use only microfiber cloths to ensure all dust is trapped instead of released back into the air.
- Clean Air Ducts and Filters: Air ducts and filters play a crucial role in maintaining clean indoor air quality. Schedule professional air duct cleaning at least once a year to remove accumulated dust and debris. Additionally, clean or replace HVAC filters regularly to ensure optimal functioning and to capture allergens effectively.
In addition to being a trusted provider of hospitality cleaning services, we are also expert facility maintenance engineers. Our team of engineering experts understands the importance of regular filter cleaning and replacement for air vents. This not only prolongs the lifespan of your HVAC systems, but also maintains resort indoor air quality! Learn More About Our Services
- Use Natural Cleaning Products: Conventional cleaning products often contain harsh chemicals that can exacerbate allergies. Instead, consider using natural cleaning solutions, which are just as effective, if not more so, at removing dust and dirt without introducing harmful substances. Avoid scented products, as they can also trigger allergic reactions in some individuals.
At MasterCorp, we only use sustainable, all-natural cleaning solutions. We partner with Ecolab, which has a standing commitment to decreasing the environmental footprint caused by harmful chemicals and runoff. We also maintain our own sustainable disposal practices and have a commitment to comply with any sustainability practices our clients use.
- Regularly Launder Bedding and Clean Soft Furnishings: Curtains, rugs, and fabric upholstery can harbor harmful allergens. Be sure to launder or clean these items regularly to eliminate pollen and dust mites. Additionally, beds can also be breeding grounds for dust mites and pollen. Make sure you have a dedicated laundry provider and schedule to ensure guests get fresh linen on time.
MasterCorp also offers a full scope of laundry and linen services in addition to our housekeeping scope. We can work directly inside your facility, which is cheaper than hiring your own in-house team and faster than partnering with an outside facility in a different location. Take a look and see where we are growing! Checkout this Blog About Laundry Sustainable Practices
- Supplement Your Housekeeping Team: With the summer season comes an influx of guests from all over the world. With rooms constantly in use, you need a dedicated housekeeping team to help take some pressure off of your other operations. This might include finding a trustworthy housekeeping partner for peak seasons.
MasterCorp is a full-service provider, meaning when you partner with us, you aren’t just getting a staffing provider. We recruit, train, and manage a team of experts at your location. We blend seamlessly into your operations team, streamlining communication, reporting, and functioning processes.
The MasterCorp Advantage
By partnering with MasterCorp and letting us implement our nationally recognized housekeeping strategies, you can significantly reduce allergens from dust and pollen in your hotel or resort during the summer months.
We will maintain a consistent cleaning routine, keep your guest spaces clutter-free, and use natural cleaning products to reduce harm. With us by your side, we will be able to successfully execute your quality goals, leading to increased guest satisfaction, and leaving you more time to focus on managing your property and growing your business.
Stay a step above the rest and request a proposal today!