Construction and renovation projects are exciting! They signal a new start, but often times people forget about the dust, dirt, and debris that can get left behind once the job is done. Cleaning up the mess left behind by construction crews requires careful planning and execution, but for someone inexperienced in the job the question remains: Where do you start? As an expert in post construction cleanup, MasterCorp Commercial Services is here to help! In this article, we’re going to examine, in order of importance, key focus areas for construction clean up, as well as the benefits of partnering with a professional janitorial service provider, and the advantages of having MasterCorp as that partner.
Sorting Construction Debris
Debris like wood scraps, packaging, and trash left over from construction is unwelcoming and can leave your property feeling like a warzone. For our first step in post construction clean up, you’ll want to focus on categorizing trash into proper piles of recyclables and non-recyclables. Dispose of recyclables responsibly, ensuring they are sent to the appropriate recycling facilities. Non-recyclables, including leftover construction materials, should be disposed of in compliance with local waste disposal regulations.
Dust Like The Wind
Dust is an inevitable byproduct of construction or renovation. Not only does it coat the surface of your furnishings, but it also lingers in the air which can lead to eye irritation, allergies, and breathing difficulties. Tackling post-construction dust requires a systematic approach.
1. Start from the Top: Dust high surfaces first. Remember, extendable dusters or vacuum attachments are your friends and can help you reach inaccessible areas, such as ceilings, light fixtures, and vents.
2. Wipe Down Surfaces: For horizontal surfaces like countertops and shelves, microfiber cloths work best because they are soft on surfaces and can trap and remove dust effectively. Avoid using dry cloths, as they can push the dust around instead of capturing it. MasterCorp’s experts recommend using all-natural cleaning solutions so as to not degrade the integrity of your fixtures.
3. Floor Cleaning: Dust settles on floors making them a critical area for cleaning. Industry grade vacuum cleaners with HEPA filters are best for capturing fine particles, followed by a thorough mopping with a residue-free cleaner. If you want to go the extra mile, adding a slip resistant coating can help protect your floors long-term from additional damage!
Stain Removal Strategies
Construction projects can leave behind long lasting stains from paint, adhesives, or other materials. It’s important to address these stains quickly and with the right tools. Luckily MasterCorp is here to help!
1 . Paint Splatters: Use a razor blade or putty knife to gently scrape off dried paint splatters from surfaces. For wet paint, blot with a cloth or sponge until it dries.
2. Adhesive Residue: Apply a mild adhesive remover to dissolve sticky residues left by tapes or adhesives. Test the remover in an inconspicuous area first to ensure it won’t damage the surface.
3. Floor Stains: For floor stains, identify the type of flooring material and use appropriate cleaning agents. Consider consulting a professional first, as some cleaners, when not used properly, can damage your floors.
Preparing the Space for Occupancy
Once the debris, dust, and stains have been addressed, it’s time to prepare the space for occupancy. This involves a final round of cleaning and inspection to ensure every nook and cranny is spotless.
Final Inspection: Conduct a thorough walk-through of the space to identify any overlooked areas that may still require attention. Pay close attention to corners, moldings, and hidden spaces.
Window and Glass Cleaning: Clean windows and glass surfaces to maximize natural light and enhance the overall appearance of the space. Use a streak-free glass cleaner for optimal results.
Sanitization: Disinfect surfaces to eliminate any lingering germs or bacteria. Focus on high-touch areas such as doorknobs, light switches, and countertops to promote a healthy living or working environment.
The Benefits of Hiring Outsourced Janitorial Services
Whether your job is big, or small, MasterCorp is always prepared to ramp up operations and take on those tedious janitorial burdens for you! Along with our standard and specialty service offerings, here are some additional bonuses from partnering with a professional:
1. Expertise and Efficiency: We have the expertise and equipment to handle post-construction cleaning efficiently, as well as the oversight to overcome challenges when they occur.
2. Time Savings: Our project managers can oversee schedules, operations, staffing and the additional tasks that come with managing post construction cleaning jobs, leaving you more time to focus on your core responsibilities.
3. Safety Compliance: We adhere to federal safety regulations and disposal requirements. This ensures that all post-construction waste is handled in compliance with local and environmental standards.
4. Thoroughness: We leave no stone unturned and are equipped to tackle even the most stubborn stains and ensure every inch of the space is immaculate.
The MasterCorp Advantage
Post-construction cleaning is a crucial step in transforming a construction site into a functional and aesthetically pleasing space. Outsourcing your job to an experienced janitorial services provider like MasterCorp is a strategic investment in ensuring the timely removal of debris, dust, and stains, and taking the burden of final preparations off your shoulders. Make the choice to take back time for your business by requesting a proposal today.