Over the last three years, the hospitality industry has experienced unprecedented change. The Covid-19 pandemic put a standstill on international and domestic travel for months, dealing hotels, resorts, and the service companies that provide for them a harsh blow.
It’s three years later, and the industry is back in full swing! Still, that doesn’t mean everything is back to normal. Turnover rates for this industry are still in flux, causing drastic staffing shortages in peak seasons. This is especially true for the hotel housekeeping service teams, which begs the question: What do you do when there are rooms to clean, but no one is available to clean them? The answer is actually incredibly simple. If you find yourself having trouble retaining housekeepers, you might need to outsource your housekeeping services. And there is no one better for the job, than MasterCorp!
What are the benefits of Supplemental Staffing?
Supplemental staffing means you are outsourcing housekeeping services, or other service department positions to an outside, third-party vendor.
These services are ideal for properties looking to retain control oversight over all departments, including in the areas of recruiting, training, and tracking performance. Your property team will maintain quality control over specific operating procedures and standards, while these positions are filled on a short-term basis.
One thing to note is that a lot of companies start out cleaning companies for Supplemental Staffing when Turn-Key services will yield better and more consistent results.
What are the benefits of Turn-Key Services?
When using resort staffing services, specifically turn-key services, your departments are better staffed and have higher employee retention rates! This typically results in higher guest service scores, lower costs, and a more engaged and unified housekeeping service team.
When using turn-key services, you are handing over complete control of your hotel or resort service departments to your third-party vendor company. This includes everything including recruiting, hiring, training, execution, and performance/progress tracking, giving you more time in your day-to-day to focus on your own business.
Turn-key services also allow you to lean on your vendor’s expertise in best housekeeping practices and technology. In MasterCorp’s case, we are an outsourced hospitality service company that has been in the industry for more than 40 years! In that time, we have developed a renowned proprietary cleaning process, expanded our company nationwide, and developed our own award-winning progress tracking technology.
Ask before you Staff!
So, now you know the benefits of both Supplemental Staffing and Turn-Key services! But there’s still so much more to learn! Before you commit to a service or a vendor, you need to ask yourself these important questions.
- What industries does your vendor specialize in? Are they a single business line operation, or are they like MasterCorp, specializing in five different business sectors
- How well do they know Hospitality industry? Remember, it is important for a company to have experts on hand to take care of your property when issues arise, and that usually comes with an organization that has longevity.
- Does your vendor understand unique safety concerns? Housekeeping is no joke when it comes to potential on the job injuries. You have to consider not only if your vendor is safety certified, but also their internal safety culture. MasterCorp has a zero-harm internal safety policy, meaning we have ongoing training for all of our Associates, so they leave work in the same physical state they arrived in.
- Do they have experience recruiting workers for a wide range of Hospitality positions? A hospitality operation requires many different specialized technicians. Engineers, laundry technicians, housemen, janitors, housekeepers, dispatchers, and floor technicians are just a few key staffing positions, each requiring a different level of experience and training. Make sure you partner with a vendor that knows what to look for when recruiting.
- What kind of risk mitigation policies, protocols, and management teams do they have in place? Always look for a vendor with a great Quality Assurance department, as well as industry-recognized best practices, standard operating procedures, and policies.
Remember, you need a partner that you can trust! When you bring in a third-party hospitality service vendor, make sure they have the integrity and dependability to get whatever job you need done on time, every time, with quality and efficiency. Bring in a partner who will provide you will solutions, not more problems. Finally find a service provider who will take accountability, and always do the right thing.
Why Choose MasterCorp?
Our reputation speaks for itself. We are a hospitality service provider with decades of experience, and experts at the helm of every team ready to provide you with the best quality cleaning services available. We operate across the U.S., with a number of trusted brands as our long-standing clients. Finally, we are big enough to matter but small enough to care. We have not only the resources to get the job done, but we also make ourselves available to you 24/7 to manage all of your requests, concerns, and questions.