- D. Alan Grindstaff begins a carpet cleaning service for local businesses and residences in Crossville, Tennessee while working his way through business school. He quickly distinguishes himself with his high standards of cleanliness, integrity, and drive.
- In 1981 Alan was awarded the first service contract by the Wyndham Fairfield Glade Resort in Crossville. He began a company named MasterCare.
- MasterCorp expands out of state and increases its workforce to 5 employees.
- In 1988 the company became multistate, opening its first resort in North Carolina: Wyndham Sapphire Valley which we continue to service today.
- 3 years later, we secured the first big brand contract with a Marriott property: Marriott’s Shelter Cove in Hilton Head, South Carolina.
Years of explosive growth for MasterCorp. 20 new resorts and more than 5 states added to the housekeeping service portfolio.
New logo introduced adding visibility to the focus on Resort & Timeshare Housekeeping Services.
- MasterCorp develops the 7 Steps to Clean® proprietary process, a fine-tuned, systematic approach that drives Quality, Consistency, and Timeliness. It was launched companywide in 2011.
- In 2010, we completed our first 1 Million Housekeeping Cleans.
MasterCorp introduces People Proud, a people-first approach to its culture.
- The new focus on Associates demands a rebrand. The new company logo reflects the focus on Associates by integrating the newly introduced People Proud icon into it.
- MasterCorp acquires Integrity Commercial Cleaning (ICC), now offering janitorial services for businesses and expanding into a new Commercial Services division.
- Opened specialty Engineering, Floor Care, Laundry, and Staffing divisions.
Established the People Proud Fund to help Associates with financial assistance during emergencies or times of crisis.
Beyond Clean® disinfecting services developed under the Commercial Services division as a response to the Covid-19 crisis.
- Celebrated 40 years of operations and hospitality industry leadership.
- MasterCorp acquires Commercial Service Solutions (CSS) and Image Property Services, expanding its Commercial Cleaning and Specialty Floor Care footprint.
Acquired Housekeeping Services of Hilton Head Island which added 3 properties to the housekeeping portfolio and a laundry facility serving hotel, resort, and commercial clients.
Acquired assets for a new Laundry facility in Williamsburg, VA.